Current Projects In Design or Discussion
Town staff and the Commission are in the planning and/or discussion stages of the projects listed below.
- Carl Avenue Project: Carl Avenue from The Mall east to Barbara Circle
- Reverse osmosis conversion: The Commission has hosted several community discussions on the future of Belleair's water supply. Review information on this project from the November 10, 2020 special Commission meeting agenda.
- Indian Rocks Roadway, Drainage & Pedestrian Improvements: In June of 2021, the Town of Belleair was awarded $1,147,000 from the State of Florida to match local funds for improvements to the southern end of Indian Rocks Road. This full-scale infrastructure project will run along Indian Rocks Road from Mehlenbacher Road north to the four-way stop. Once complete, this project will improve roadway conditions, reduce flooding, and enhance pedestrian safety with the inclusion of a multi-modal, ADA compliant, and Safe Routes to School compliant pathway. We are now in the preliminary stages of design with our engineers and will provide more information as it becomes available.
Current Projects Up For Bid
Current Projects Under Construction
Several projects currently in progress in Belleair, as listed below.
- Pinellas/Ponce Roadway Project (Phases 3 & 4): The project runs on Pinellas Road from Park Boulevard north to Osceola Road and around Pinellas Park, includes Osceola between Indian Rocks Road and Palmview Avenue, and also Palmview Avenue from Pinellas to Ponce (a project map is included on the back for reference).
Recently Completed Projects
Several projects that have been completed in the past few years are highlighted via the links below.
- Palmetto North Roadway Project: (Completed July, 2021)
- Indian Rocks Road crosswalk construction (Completed December, 2020)
- Pinellas/Ponce Roadway Project (Phase 2) (Completed September, 2020)
- Palmetto Roadway Project (Completed March, 2020)
- Belleair Forest Drive Mill and Resurface Project (Completed March, 2020)