Virtual Meeting Instructions
Finding Meeting Links
Virtual meeting links to Town of Belleair Commission meetings are typically published directly on the Agendas & Minutes web page the Friday before a Commission meeting.
Additionally, virtual meeting links for all Commission and advisory board meetings are included on the first page of PDF meeting agendas, which can be downloaded using the "Search Belleair's agendas and minutes now" link provided on the Agendas & Minutes web page.
How to Join a Zoom Meeting
Please watch the video below to learn how to join a Zoom meeting as a participant.
How to Virtually Participate in Citizens’ Comments
General citizens’ comments are heard at the start of each public meeting, at which time the Commission or advisory board will call for comments or questions that are not related to an item on the agenda. Attendees may also ask questions or provide feedback for specific agenda items throughout the meeting. In accordance with the options listed below, citizens have three ways to submit comments to the Commission.
- VIA THE ZOOM INTERACTIVE VIRTUAL MEETING: Citizens may read comments aloud and in real-time via Zoom on their computer or mobile device. To do this, citizens must have a working microphone on their device and must use the “raise hand” feature during the meeting to be placed in the queue. All participants are muted on Zoom until the moderator un-mutes them after they “raise” their hand.
- VIA THE ZOOM CALL IN AND INTERACT OPTION: Citizens may read comments aloud and in real-time via the Zoom phone call. Pressing *9 while in the call will activate the “raise hand” feature that places callers in a queue. All participants are muted on the phone call until the moderator un-mutes them after they “raise” their hand.
- VIA THE LISTEN IN THROUGH YOUR COMPUTER OPTION: Any citizen may email comments to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to 5:45 pm on the day of the meeting to have their comments read into the record on their behalf during the meeting.
Executive Order Allowing for Virtual Meetings
On March 20, 2020, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis adopted Executive Order 20-69 allowing for municipal governments to hold virtual meetings during the state of emergency issued in response to Novel COVID-19. Specifically, the Executive Order includes the following:
Section 1. I hereby suspend any Florida Statute that requires a quorum to be present in person or requires a local government body to meet at a specific public place.
Section 2. Local government bodies may utilize communications media technology, such as telephonic and video conferencing, as provided in section 120.54(5)(b)2., Florida Statutes.
- Executive Order 20-69 may be viewed in full here
- All Executive Orders issued by Governor Ron DeSantis for COVID-19 may be viewed here
Any questions about public meetings may be directed to Belleair’s Town Clerk, Christine Nicole, at (727) 588-3769 x 312.