Pinellas/Ponce Roadway Project

Pinellas/Ponce Roadway Project Blog

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

At this time, all water mains have been installed on Ponce de Leon Boulevard between Oleander Road and Palmview Avenue. This work will continue eastward from Palmview Avenue to Indian Rocks Road over the next few weeks. Storm drain installation is nearing an end, as roughly 90% has been installed to-date. The remaining 10% should be wrapped up over the next four-to-six weeks.

Overall, the Pinellas/Ponce Roadway Project is on-schedule for Summer, 2020 completion.

Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Drainage continues to be the primary focus for the Pinellas/Ponce Roadway Project at this point, as contractors are currently working on storm pipes and connecting structures. The storm drain system is expected to be completed within the next two weeks.

In early November, contractors will begin to connect the new water main on Ponce de Leon Boulevard between Oleander Road and Palmview Avenue. Once the water main is fully in service there, work will focus on underdrain, which consists of pipes that help control groundwater levels.

After drainage systems are installed between Oleander Road and Palmview Avenue, new water main installation will shift eastward towards Indian Rocks Road.

Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Storm pipes and water mains are continuing to be installed along Ponce de Leon Boulevard heading east to Palmview Avenue. This work will continue over the next several weeks until all drainage is installed and connected in this area of the project.

Two backhoes are being operated to place drainage pipes beneath Ponce de Leon Boulevard

Thursday, August 29, 2019

Contractors began installing the baffle box for the Pinellas/Ponce Roadway Project this afternoon. This device will assist with stormwater filtration in order to optimize water quality prior to outflow, and should be functioning within the next few months.

Contractors lower a large, rectangular baffle box base into the ground using a crane as a part of th

Friday, July 26, 2019

Starting on Monday, July  29, the intersection of Ponce de Leon Boulevard and Oleander Road will be closed for all traffic. Detours will be available in the area, with relevant signage placed along neighboring roads.

A map of the project scope that shows a closure of the Ponce and Oleander intersection and available

Monday, July 12, 2019

Contractors have been working to remove trees in the project area this week and will be clearing the branches from the median shortly. Please note that any trees in the median along Ponce de Leon Boulevard WILL be replaced once construction is complete. However, trees located in rights-of-way between curbs and sidewalks will not be replaced.

Monday, July 8, 2019

Kamminga & Roodvoets (the contractor for this project) has begun mobilizing equipment for the start of the Pinellas/Ponce Roadway Project. Area residents should be aware that Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) changes will begin this week, per the maps below. Signage for these road changes will be placed on-site accordingly. These changes should be in place until work patterns change or until new a MOT plan is provided by the contractor.

Thursday, October 10, 2019

Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) changes have been updated per the maps below. Signage for these roads will be placed on-site accordingly. These changes should be in place until works patterns change or a new MOT is approved by the contractor.

Bottom leftTop RightTop Left

Project Overview

The Pinellas/Ponce Project runs from Ponce de Leon Boulevard at the roundabout west to Oleander Road and then north to Palmetto Road. This project is expected to start in July of 2019 and be completed in the summer of 2020. Information on the Pinellas/Ponce Project, including progress reports, images, or other updates will be posted here in a blog format throughout the project.

If you have any questions or concerns that are not addressed on this page, please email us at and we'll be happy to help.

  1. Project Map
  2. Project Scope
  3. FAQs
Map of the Pinellas/Ponce project's boundaries in Belleair, outlined in blue.