Palmetto North Roadway Project
Palmetto North Roadway Project Blog
Tuesday, June 9, 2020
Prior to the start of this project, the contractor (Kamminga & Roodvoets, Inc.) will be staging equipment at the southwest end of L. Rene Gaienne Park. This staging will begin approximately Thursday, June 11 per the map below. The staging will cause a localized closure of Palmetto Road, which will remain in effect throughout the project.
The Palmetto North Roadway Project includes Palmetto Road from Ocala Road to Bayview Drive. This project will begin in July of 2020 and is estimated for completion in the late spring or the early summer of 2021. Information on the Palmetto North Roadway Project, including progress reports, images, or other updates will be posted here in a blog format throughout the project.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help. You may also use this email to request a digital copy of the engineer’s plans for the project.
The Palmetto North Roadway Project consists of a full-scale reconstruction of drainage and roadway systems within project limits. Between now and the completion of construction, the following tasks will be completed.
- Existing curbs, asphalt, road base, and road sub-base will be removed and all new materials will be installed
- New water mains and service connections will be installed and the old system will be removed
- Underdrain will be installed to collect groundwater
- The existing storm collection system will be removed and a new system will be installed
- New fire hydrants will be installed
- Existing street lights will be removed during construction and then reinstalled with new conduit and wiring
Staff has collected several frequent questions and answers for you. As always, if you have a question that is not listed below, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help.
- Are the trees in the project area going to be removed? Yes, trees located in the area between sidewalks and curbs will be removed. There are currently no replacement plans
- What should I do if my irrigation system is damaged from the project? Staff is advising one-on-one irrigation inspections prior to the start of construction to ensure proper operation and location of irrigation heads. If any damage should occur within project limits as a result of construction, please report the damage as soon as possible to either the contractor or to email@example.com.
- Are the sidewalks going to be replaced? Sidewalks will be replaced on an as-needed basis during the project. Any current sidewalk sections that are damaged will be repaired or replaced.
- How will solid waste and recycling pickup continue within construction zones? The contractor is responsible for taking containers from your curb over to an area nearby for solid waste and recycling pickup and for returning the containers to your driveway following disposal. Your regular collection schedule will apply throughout the project.