Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response Plan
(last updated Wednesday, January 6)
In the best interest of the health, safety, and welfare of our community, the Town of Belleair is taking every precaution to prevent the spread of COVID-19. As such, Town staff and elected officials are reviewing this fluid situation daily and will be making adjustments to programs, events, and operations as needed.
The Town of Belleair is also working in concert with Pinellas County in response to COVID-19. For information on Pinellas County’s resolutions on COVID-19 and their integration with the State of Florida mandates, visit Pinellas County’s COVID-19 Response and Recommendations web page.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Resources
Questions about COVID-19 should be directed to the public health officials at the below contact information.
- Information on COVID-19 vaccines in Florida
- The Florida Department of Health 24/7 call center: (866) 779-6121
- The Florida Department of Health’s website
- The Center for Disease Control’s website
Town Hall and Public Works Open to the Public
Town Hall and the John J. Osborne Public Works Building are open to the public. Masks are required for visitors at all times. Business may still be conducted over the phone with our staff, who can be reached at (727) 588-3769.
Recent Commission and advisory board meetings have been held with a blend of virtual and in-person options. View information on these meetings, and for instructions and agendas here.
Screening and Cleaning Processes
All meeting and transaction locations in buildings are being disinfected at an increased frequency by Town staff and by contracted cleaning crews. Belleair’s Public Works Department has been cleaning outdoor facilities at an increased frequency over the past few months. This includes the sanitation of all public benches, water fountains, dog pots, and trash cans three times per week.
Town employees continue to be screened daily. Any employee experiencing illness must seek immediate medical care, testing, and self-quarantine for at least two weeks. All staff will be reporting as scheduled by a supervisor to maintain social distancing. Remote work is still allowed where convenient.
Recreation Programs, Camps, and Facilities
In response to COVID-19, the Dimmitt Community Center is open for a limited set of programs, activities, and events. For more information, visit the Parks and Recreation Department's website.
Belleair's staff may be reached at the following phone numbers. To find contact information for specific employees, please see our staff directory.
- Emergencies: 911
- Non-emergency police dispatch: (727) 588-3500
- Belleair Town Hall: (727) 588-3769
- Belleair Building Department: (727) 588-3775
- John J. Osborne Public Works Building: (727) 588-3795
- Dimmitt Community Center: (727) 518-3728
Community Outreach Program
The Belleair Parks and Recreation Department started our Community Outreach Program for COVID-19 in March and the program is still active now. The program is designed for older adults (or anyone otherwise vulnerable to COVID-19) who may have difficulty or concerns over traveling and shopping at stores themselves. Learn more about the Community Outreach Program.
General Tips from the Florida Department of Health
Following the advice of the Florida Department of Health and the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the Town of Belleair is advising everyone to practice social distancing by avoiding large gatherings, staying home if ill, and avoiding those who are sick.
COVID-19 spreads the same way as the flu, so follow the same precautions:
- Practice social distancing by avoiding groups of more than 10 people and keeping 6 feet of space between persons, when at all possible.
- Wash your hands well with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and use hand sanitizer when you can’t.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands or after touching surfaces.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes.
- Sanitize common surfaces at home and work.