Teen Leadership Program
The Teen Leadership Program for teens entering 8th-12th grade with volunteer opportunities to fit your Summer! Choose morning, afternoon or both, with the Belleair Parks and Recreation Summer Camp Program.
For first time applicants, required program packet includes:
- Program Application (apply via New Teen Leaders link on the right side of this page)
- Activity Waiver signed by legal guardian (If accepted to the program, the Activity Waiver will be emailed and is due at the Mandatory Training)
- Application Essay
- Letter of recommendation from a non-family member (email letter to firstname.lastname@example.org after you have completed the online application)
- Accepted Applicants must attend the Mandatory TLP Training in May (*If accepted to the program, an email will be sent with training date and time)
- If accepted to the program there is a one time $35 Registration fee due at the mandatory training in May (time TBD)
Returning TLPs: Complete the application for 'Returning Teen Leaders' (Link located on the right side of this page)
A limited number of teens will be accepted each summer.
Applications are due by April 28, 2023.
Pizza is available for purchase each day. Must order by 10am with front desk staff.
Morning and Afternoon Snacks will be available for purchase with CASH ONLY.
Program Objectives and Responsibilities
Assist counselors with transitions to and from activities and rec locations.
Produce a short social media story reviewing a day in the life at camp.
Run 3 group games during the week, with assistance from group counselor.
Challenges promoting leadership and team building.
Assist with the selling and distribution of snacks/lunch.
Assist with group and camp announcements for the day/week.
Secondary check-in and roll call for their assigned group.